Monday, March 23, 2009

Lounge Lizard


My day has finally come. For the first time since starting work at Gator's Dockside I've been put in the Lounge, the best section of the store. This happened Saturday night. I was so excited to see my name on the floor plan. Brooks was written in black dry erase marker in the middle of my circled section, the back corner of the Lounge. Tables 132, 142, 143, 152, 153, and R4 were all mine. On what would have been a pretty average night, the store was surprised with a 45 person party. A bunch of parents and kids from a baseball team came in at about 6:30pm. I was to split the party with Brandi. What started out as a party on R3 and R4, grew into a mess of tables across mine and Brandi's sections. The kids were fun and the parents were just happy to have food and games to distract their offspring for a bit. The party went on very smoothly for its size, until payment came up at the end.

The first problem was helping the parents pay for their kids since everyone sat at separate tables and had separate checks. We just had them pay each bill individually, but some parents forgot to pay for their kids and left. At the end there were a few meals left unpaid and I had the uneasy job of telling the last parents. I guess some of the people who left early thought they paid for themselves and their kids but didn't. Luckily one mom stepped up and paid the bill. I'm guessing she'll figure it out with the team later.

After the party the night slowed. I had a few more tables watching basketball and one was following baseball. A pretty great night all and all. Can't wait to get lounged again.

No comments: