Saturday, March 21, 2009

Schedule


I've been serving tables at Gator's Dockside since last August. I worked through a pretty exciting football season there (National Champs, Go Gators, what what!). Recently I've been busting ass trying to get a raise. I wouldn't really call it a raise since it isn't exactly an increase in my wage. At the restaurant you can make a lot more money by moving up into better sections. One end of the place makes about half of what the busy end does. Plus I want to start closing soon. Closers get the best section and all the tables at the end of the night.

Now I've been doing everything I can to move up. I've been busting my ass all across the board; busing tables, cleaning dishes, running food and getting emails. The emails are for this list we have at Dockside where customers are sent deals in their inbox for free/discounted food. I've blown everyone out of the water in this. I got 90 emails in 2 days. Over the last few weeks I've gotten 170 emails. No one else has come close, yet they're still shorting me on the schedule. I am getting worse schedules then newer people at the store, who bust less as then me, and haven't gotten any emails.

I thought next week I would get to close. I brought it up to the managers and everything. I think they're just leading me on now. I won't let it bring me down though. I'm just gonna work harder and harder until I get it.

No comments: