Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Pinnacle Albums of My Life

There are only a few albums that I really remember changing my life and felt like I should jump on the band wagon and share them.


Enema of the State by Blink-182
Probably not my favorite album by the band, Dude Ranch is my usually go to, but definitely the one I have listened to the most. Undoubtedly their break through release, I enjoy it for the simple yet catch guitar licks and the raw immaturity. These guys turned dick and fart lyrics into an art. Blink 182 songs were the first I ever played on guitar. I remember learning the bass tab to Carousel in 8th grade. At my first guitar lessons I asked my instructor to teach me Dammit and Untitled. Although these songs are from Dude Ranch, I have to give credit to Enema for sparking my interest in Blink-182 and pop-punk.


The Artist in the Ambulance by Thrice
Once I got past my whole pop-punk MTV rock phase I was ready top move onto something harder. Although not hardcore, Thrice was extreme when compared to the other music I was listening to at the time; i.e. New Found Glory, Green Day, the Offspring, Rufio, Yellowcard, Sum 41, and Good Charlotte. When I first heard the Illusion of Safety I thought the style was horrible. I never liked screaming before. Then it started to grow on me and the majority of music that I listened to in highschool was melodic hardcore or post-hardcore like Grade, Coheed and Cambria, and At the Drive-In.

No comments: