Wednesday, September 2, 2009

12 - Settlin' In

Interviews

I had my first round of interviews this week and I think they went pretty well. On Friday I went to Gold Levin Talent, a boutique talent agency who handles actors. Being my first interview I didn't know what to expect. I showed up a few minutes early and met Tim, who emailed me back the day before about the interview. He was nice. Tim was having trouble reloading his stapler when I came in (no office space references please). I thought "there's one problem I can solve already".

On Monday I had another interview at Vendome Pictures, a new film financing company. My new friend Eric set it up after we met last weekend. He's chill as fuck and so is his boss. We talked in her office for awhile about movies, TV, and other entertainment stuff. It felt less like an interview and more like shooting the shit with the boys. Good stuff.

First Taste of LA Improv

After class last wednesday, I found out that iO students get into the show for free-ninety-nine. Saweet! I finally got to see a show last night and it was pretty sick. The first group I saw was Local 132, and the jokes weren't the only funny thing about it. In the group are two friends from UF, Zach and Brandon. We used to play together in TSF. These guys have stepped it up the last couple years in LA, performing regularly on Tuesdays. So badass.

Sleeping

I get a new bed on Friday (thanks mom). I love sleeping. One downside to my new apartment is the noise. My bedroom is right next to the street and my windows are paper thin. The car's driving by is gonna take some getting used to. It sounds like I'm at the Brickyard 400 in here. You can hear the cars rumbling quitely half a mile away until they reach the window, going 30-40 mph. Not really that fast, but when a semi comes by at almost 50 it sounds like the Kessel Run out there.